Handbag has long become an indispensable fashion accessory for women. And surely no women want their “expensive” bag to be damaged, lose their luxury over time, right? Today,Ts926 would like to share with you 7 tips to help keep your bags durable and beautiful over time.
To minimize spills or dirt for new bags, women need to determine what the bag is made of and how to protect that material. Some solutions can help, for example fabric bags should use the Fabric & upholstery protector commonly used to protect salon chairs or car seat covers.
Store the bag properly
For leather bags, you need to spray skin protection to prevent oil and water, minimize dirt. You can also use waterproof gel for the skin or protect the skin quality milk solution to increase the beautiful durability of the bag.
The bag will break down quickly if you throw it in the mess at the bottom of the closet or just throw it away. To increase the life of your bag, you need to store it properly, ideally in the upright position in a bag or pillowcase. Never store them in plastic material with moisture inside.
You should tuck a scarf, sweater, tissue or foam pad inside to keep the bag in shape. Remove the strap stored in the bag in case it will not be used for a long time.
Do not remove stains indiscriminately
Treating the stain the wrong way makes the bag discarded faster. The first step, you need to know what it is, then research the treatment method. Here are some popular bag stain removal techniques:
– Food stains: Crush white powder, sprinkle it on the stain and leave overnight. The next morning use a clean cloth to scrub away
– Oil stains: Sprinkle cornstarch into the stain immediately, rub to generate heat from friction, help absorb oil quickly. Spread the dough with a clean cloth.
– Water stains: If you get dirty, dirty water, let it dry naturally, then bring it to a professional laundry shop for treatment.
– Ink stains: If the ink is new, use a bleach to remove it immediately, but do not rub too hard, the ink color is easy to spread and stick more tightly. If the stain is already dry, you need a more professional treatment (See Section 7). The bleaching agent is also useful in removing some dirt.
– Eliminate odors: Put a bag full of baking powder in the bag or put the bag in a vacuum bag for 1-2 days. You can also purchase a dryer sheet and put the two sheets in your bag for a few days.
Protect the lining
Wrap cosmetics and liquid bottles in a separate bag before placing them in your bag to avoid spilling spillage and damage to the lining or spillage of your clothes and shoes. Avoid putting open nibs in the bag, preferably put in a box or small pen bag, limit ink leaking into the bag.